There are many different types of weapons found in STO available for use in space. These can be arranged in any order and you can assign them to any weapons station in the ship customization menu. However, for different weapons you must have a minimum level to use them. For example, Mark X weapons may only be used by Rear Admirals and above, etc.
Energy Weapon Types
- Phaser: Chance to disable a random subsystem.
- Disruptor: Chance to apply a resistance debuff.
- Plasma: Chance to produce a plasma fire, which deals DoT.
- Tetryon: Chance of additional shield damage.
- Polaron: Chance to drain power from all subsystems.
- Antiproton: Bonus to critical damage.
Energy Weapon Specs
- Single Beam (Arrays) – Low damage falloff over range. 280° firing arc. Low DPS. Uses powers Overload, Fire at Will.
- Dual Beam (Dual Banks) – Low damage falloff over range. 90° firing arc. Medium DPS. Uses same powers as Arrays. Can only be installed in front weapon slots.
- Cannons - High damage falloff over range. 45° firing arc. High DPS. Uses powers Rapidfire, Scatter Volley. Higher Level Cannons can only be used by escorts, attack cruisers and Bird of Prey's.
- Turrets – High damage falloff over range. 360° Firing arc. Very Low DPS. Uses same powers as Cannons.
Projectile Weapon Types
- Photon: Moderate attack speed, moderate kinetic damage.
- Quantum: Slow attack speed, high kinetic damage.
- Plasma: Medium damage, slow rate of fire, chance to produce a plasma fire, which deals DoT. High yield launches a single large ball of plasma instead of multiple torpedoes.
- Transphasic: Low damage, chance to pierce shields.
- Chroniton: Low damage, chance to slow down target.
- Tricobalt: High damage, very slow rate of fire. Chance that the target is disabled and unable to use powers.
Projectile Weapon Specs
- Torpedo Launcher - 45° firing arc. Medium DPS. Uses powers Torpedo High Yield and Torpedo Spread.
- Mine Launcher - Drops 5 mines, which deal damage according to their type and level. Uses powers Dispersal Pattern Alpha and Dispersal Pattern Beta. Can only be installed in an aft weapon slot.
Space Weapon Skills
- Starship Energy Weapons Training - Applies a percentage damage boost to all energy weapons (Phaser, Disruptor, Plasma)
- Starship Beam Weapons and Starship Cannon Weapons - applies a higher percentage boost to a more specialised weapon.
- Starship Phaser Weapons, Starship Disruptor and Starship Plasma - applies an even higher percentage boost to even more specialised weapons.